Background

Sunday, January 2, 2011

Christmas is here!!

Nate's favorite Christmas song---Santa Clause is coming to Town!
Nate driving Grandpa's boat!
Taylor liked the tubs that the Christmas stuff is stored in!

This picture cracks me up...I was raised eating Béarnaise.  We would have it with our steaks and broccoli and so of course every time I cook steaks or broccoli we have béarnaise.  My kids love it!  Well after dinner one night I caught Taylor on the kitchen floor cleaning up the rest of the bearnaise...thats my girl!  Don't worry, the pot had been cooled off for quite sometime before she got into it!



Shopping for the PERFECT Christmas tree!!!







Thats love~~~




Nate laughing so hard at Taylor b/c she fell in a mud puddle and got her butt all muddy...






Ta-da Nate found it!


SNOW DAY

Poor Nate had no snow pants, but we improvised!









All Taylor wanted to do was eat the snow.








Skidbood all tuckered out after a long day of running in the snow!



I love the Judds!
When I was a little girl I used to sing the song "Grandpa" like I was Wynonna.  It was the very first cassette my parents bought for me.   I could not wait to tell my dad when I heard that they were coming to Sac for their last encore!!  We went and had a BLAST!!  My sister Amy came just to have something to do that night...not so sure how into the Judd's she was either way we had so much fun!!






Nate had his cousin Alex over for a sleep over (while school is out)!
They played Wii and then we went on a walk to look at all the Christmas lights in our neighborhood!  I love Christmas time so much!!

I was sad this year because we couldn't put any gifts under our tree.  Taylor thought it was okay to open them, maybe next year!  The tree looked sad without wrapped presents.

Let's talk about Christmas traditions-
Christmas eve is a really big deal for my family.  When I was young we never went anywhere for Christmas eve or Christmas day.  Everyone came to us.  On Christmas eve we were allowed to open 1 or 2 gifts and then the rest the next morning.  As we got older we ended up opening everything on Christmas eve and then my parents would save the "BIG" gift for the next morning.  

Now that we are grown up and have our own families...we go up to Amy's house because it is the biggest to fit all of our ginormous family!  This has worked out good for me that I haven't missed out on my families big night!  The next day Mike, the kids, and I head up to Marysville to spend Christmas at Mike's grandparents with his side of the family!  It is a lot of work getting the kids all packed up and then running them all around.  I should get easier the older they get and the less stuff we'll have to bring everywhere.  I love that we get to spend time with both of our families after all what is Christmas without sharing it with your family?!  

Christmas Eve~
Nate & his cousins
Taylor doing what else...eating!



My parents


Nana & Taylor

3 generations

3 more generations

My clan

Taylor dressed up as a pretty, pretty, princess



Gift time





Santa hard at work! This makes me smile seeing Mike surrounded pink putting together baby doll stuff...so out of his element!  

Now this is more like it!  Building Nate's little town!

I like what the Christmas lights are doing behind me

Mr. & Mrs. Clause about to finally turn in!!!




Sleep in heavenly peace!

Good Morning! Merry Christmas!



A Nintendo DS...wow Nathan you must have been a very good boy this year!



Taylor got cowgirl boots!!!

That stroller is for your baby Taylor, not your butt!!!! Another thing that makes me smile!


Nate testing out his new Wii game!

He got a mustache in his stocking


Christmas day at Grandma & Grandpa Palmer's house





We had such a beautiful Christmas with everyone!  Thank you for everything and we love each and everyone of you so much! xoxoxo










No comments:

Post a Comment