Background

Wednesday, May 6, 2009

April showers bring May flowers!


It is May…yay! It has been super busy for me these last few weeks! It was our anniversary April 29th and my big 3- 0 birthday on the 30th! I can’t believe we have been together for so long…8 years, but I am told that you start to count over once you get married. BUT--- 3 years just does not sound as justifiable??? I mean look at us here on our FIRST New Year's Eve together in 2001...we were babies!
Here's to us!!! Married 3 years ago and on our honeymoon in Jamaica!











We went out to dinner to Logan’s Roadhouse for our anniversary with NO kids. It was so nice. I forget what it’s like to eat out and not have to constantly entertain a child just so you can get through your own meal pleasantly. I didn’t have to pack a bag of tricks! We had such a good time! The following night we went out with some family and friends to Chicago Fire, again with no kids!!!! Two nights in a row! We were having a blast, which now we are back to reality! I went wine tasting with my sisters and girl friends on May 2nd…the girls surprised me and a limo picked us up. I had a WONDERFUL birthday week! This is a picture we took on the "Wine Tasting Day" that we are going to give my mom for Mother's Day!

I am giving Karen a baby shower this Saturday. I can’t believe she is going to have her baby girl so soon. It just means that Taylor is growing too fast. I am looking forward to another fun filled weekend! Between that party and Mother’s Day, I am keeping myself rather busy!

The kids are doing well! Nathan is at the stage where when you tell him to smile for the camera he does this cheesy smile thing that seems to look more like a pirate going rrrrrrrrrrrrrr.






He is just getting smarter and smarter everyday and some of the things he says just blows my mind. He is the epitome of a sponge soaking up everything! Mike gave him a haircut. I can’t believe how much different one child can look after something as simple as a haircut! Here it is, but he just woke up so he has a little bed head.


The picture of Nathan on the bed is so funny. He likes to lay in our bed and watch a cartoon of his choice before bedtime for 5 minutes so I am walking by the room and look in and he is still as can be, laying in our bed, watching his cartoon, and wearing his sunglasses in the dark. We were laughing so hard and were also able to take a photo before he moved! Below is a picture of Nathan and Taylor laying in Nathan's crib (he just woke up).




Taylor is doing well! Growing like a weed (as Mike likes to put it). Her belly button is almost normal. She is always smiling and cooing now. I love it when the babies get to this stage and follow you with their eyes and coo all the time, it is so precious! She'll just sit in her swing and stare at the mobile and talk up a storm!




Ohhhhhhhhhhh BIG news :-) Taylor rolled over last night…can you believe it? She isn’t even 3 months old yet and it wasn’t a fluke because she has rolled over 3 times since last night. She is advanced. Nathan didn’t roll over until he was 5 months old. I always hear how girls do things much faster than boys and I am starting to see it first hand! I will be in touch via blog soon! Happy Mother’s Day to all of you beautiful mommies out there!

No comments:

Post a Comment